2017 Informational Guidebook- Information on the Natural Gas Industry in Virginia
Fueling Virginia's Economy
Sign up to receive the Virginia Energy Advocate a new weekly e-newsletter dedicated to Virginia's natural gas and oil energy industry, energy infrastructure, national security, economy and jobs.
Take the American Energy Challenge
During National Energy Awareness Month
October, 2017– The Virginia Oil and Gas Association (VOGA) and other organizations from multiple states are coming together during the month of October to celebrate National Energy Awareness Month and to highlight the thousands of products made from refined or processed crude oil and natural gas. As part of that awareness effort, the groups are issuing an “American Energy Challenge” to encourage Americans to try and plan a day without the modern benefits of petroleum-based products, in hopes that in so doing, it will raise their own awareness of the many ways petroleum-based products are an integral part of our everyday lives.
The Virginia Oil and Gas Association will also engage Virginians through educational venues, an annual awards program, contests and social media. Each week in October, the groups will highlight how these products have improved safety and security, modern medicine and public health, transportation and overall quality of life.
Virginians are encouraged to take the challenge and submit a video highlighting how they use energy and petroleum throughout the day (visit www.frackingfuels.com for contest details). They are also encouraged to post the challenge to social media using the hashtag #AmericanEnergyChallenge.
Please contact us at email@example.com for full information.
Useful Information and Resources
- Virginia’s Natural Gas Industry has made it a priority to focus on the safe and environmentally sound production, extraction, and transportation of the state’s natural gas resources for more than 80 years. Download the 2017 Virginia Natural Gas Facts book for information on Hydraulic Fracturing, Pipelines, and more.
- Long-Awaited EPA Study Finds Fracking Has NOT Led to Widespread Water Contamination. http://ow.ly/NTknq
- Obama White House Explains Importance of Hydraulic Fracturing-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uVGY3sIBsA&feature=share&list=UUsFYGjOwuj1_0vh77tU6JWA&index=1
- U.S. energy secretary says fracking brings prosperity-http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/02/8540411/us-energy-secretary-says-fracking-brings-prosperity
- Energy Works- Economic Impacts of Natural Gsa in Virginia - http://www.api.org/~/media/Files/Policy/Jobs/EnergyWorks/EnergyWorks_Virginia-API.pdf
- Facts on Hydraulic Fracturing and Seismicity: http://energyindepth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/EID_Seismicity1.pdf